Vinnie G Yti

| map-marker Carmel, Indiana

Spread awareness

NextGear and Manheim are crooks. They should be brought up on RICO charges.

Manheims arbitration process is a joke. Theres no consistency. They work for the sellers and the big dealers. They will sell guaranteed cars that run very bad but they dont care because if you floor with next gear it could take months to fix a car.

So the interest just puked up. Ive caught Manheim and Next Gear colluding with sellers and dealers. They use shill bidders to screw people over. They have tried to stick me with salvage title vehicles and even when you show them a carfax they dont care.

I once bought a vehicle that was clean title then 2 weeks later the sellers put a salvage title on it. They also sold me a cargo van that was listed as a V8 but it was a V6. I tried arbitrating for a month but I was completely ignored. I was finally told that Im responsible for knowing what engine a vehicle has regardless of what they list.

Since NextGear is a sister company to Manheim they can get you banned. Which is actually probably a good thing. The first day i met My next gear rep she told us that the lil guys get screwed over. And she was right.

And she speaks from experience because she was the one doing the screwing. Next gear is now keeping several of my titles even though I payed for the vehicles just because I was one day late paying for a vehicle because the auction took a long time to issue a check.

I believe they did it on purpose. I also think that they had one of my cars stolen.

Loss:
Pros:
  • You could fill up your car lot
Cons:
  • Fees are out of control
  • Collude with manheim to stick it to small dealers

User's recommendation: Run away from next gear and Manheim

Awad D

Strong Caution Against Doing Business with This Company

I strongly advise against doing business with this company. As a small car dealership, I was initially doing fine until they approached me with an offer to finance my cars through their floor plan.

However, my experience with them has been nothing short of disastrous. It is evident that this company prioritizes their own interest charges and excessive fees above all else. Within a span of just over nine months, I incurred losses exceeding $50,000.

The burden of paying off this immense debt and closing my account still weighs heavily on me. I feel compelled to share my detailed account of the negative experience I had with their representatives.

Rest assured, I will soon provide a thorough account of the issues encountered.

In conclusion, I strongly caution anyone considering doing business with this company.

Their practices and lack of consideration for their clients' well-being have had a severe and detrimental impact on my business. Learn from my unfortunate experience and seek alternative financing options that prioritize transparency and fair treatment.

Preferred solution: Apology

Guest

I used them for the first 2 years of my dealership. I left them for the sole reason of the surprise lot audits.

If I had a vehicle in the shop they would want me to drive to the shop 30 miles away to take pictures and send them in personally. They put my account on hold twice for this and twice for not returning a phone call within a couple hours. They are scummy pieces of bottom feeding *** They give you only so many days to sell the vehicles then slam you with crazy fees if you go over.

Stay away. You will not prophet in any way dealing with them!

William E Fwg

| map-marker Carmel, Indiana

Is this company a scam?

I had never heard of this company until today. I was in the process of selling my Mercedes AMG GT S. The buyer tried to get an exact payoff amount from Bank of America, but BofA stated that Next Gear had already paid off the loan that morning. I called Next Gear they refused to tell me who had initiated this pay off. I spoke to a supervisor and expressed my concern that this was some sort of fraud going on, and the supervisor hung up on me. I still don't know if this is part of some fraud, and I had never heard of Next Gear before today. Is this even a legitimate company?
Loss:
Cons:
  • Appear to be a scam

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I don't know who they are, but avoid them

Guest

If you are borrowing, go else where, they can also steal your car and take it to their auction to sell it , even if you had made a commitment to pay a set date.

Very shady. I would not deal with them.

Guest

Next Gear is a floorplan company that dealers use to borrow money to buy cars. they are owned by Cox automotive. (cox automotive owns the auto auctions and autotrader and KBB)

View more comments (1)
Bianca J Nqk

Very Bad and Rude Reps

First let me say that we shouldve been more vigilant by doing more research on this company before making contact with them.

Ill try to make this short. We spoke with them and they talked a nice talk and went over how their floor plan works.

It sounded like a great opportunity for us to be able to elevate our car dealer business.

They sent us a loan application, we filled it out then signed it electronically. We also sent in copies of our drivers license, dealer license, etc.

They reached out to us saying that they needed us to hand sign the application. We hand signed it and emailed it back to them. They called us again and said that our signatures from our drivers license does not match the signatures on the loan.

They then said to digitally sign the application again. We digitally signed and sent it back and that still wasnt good enough so they asked us to do something weird. Thats when my radars went up!

Googled them and read all of the bad reviews and was so thankful that they gave us a hard time with the loan application. What intrigued us was that one particular review we read mentioned how they were very rude and unprofessional.

Well after typing up an email to inform them that we longer were interested in doing business with them, we quickly got a phone call from Robert Patterson.

He asked why did we not want to move forward with them and we told them that red flags were up and they were giving us a hard time. Mr. Patterson said dont waste their time.

Dont be mad Robert because we caught on to your scam. You wasted our time truly.

When you write your signature on your drivers license, you use a stylus. When you hand write your signature, you use a pen. So of course the signatures will look a little different. It is all good.

God was truly looking out for our family. We want to pay it forward just like the others whove posted reviews on this company.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Cons:
  • Fraudulent business practices
  • Fraudulent behavior

User's recommendation: BEWARE!

Guest

Right on!!!!!!!They are scams, do not deal with them. They will chew you up with fees and they do not have a good customer service.

Very shady. I would not deal with them.

Tasleem S Mam
map-marker Sugar Land, Texas

They Were Unfair with me

Fraudulent Co, Extraordinary late fee and high interest rate , will Repos inventory. Auction them in their partner co. They are blood sucker.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Lies from sales reps
  • Loose money
  • Unknown fees no one could explain

User's recommendation: Read their agreement before you sign consult attorney, Very careful with them . Its better don,t deal with them

Joel S Wla

Got taken by nextgear capital bad complaints

Nextgear Capitol is the worst thing that has happened to me in 25 years of the car business. The sale people will mislead you and the contract is one for a lawyer to view before signing. Any good lawyer would likely advise not to enter into their contract as it leaves you in a significant disadvantage. To begin with you, "in a nut shell", have granted them the ability to call most all the shots as well as waiving your legal rights that you have by law up until you signed them away in their tactfully written legal contract. They also make it so all litigation is to be handled from the superior Court of Indiana. In other words if you live in any other state in the country you will need to fly Indiana and hire an attorney as well as a place to stay. This is if any litigation was to happen. If you take them to court or the no re likely they take you to court. When you likely don't or can't make it guess what you lose by a default judgement. If I was to say I could offer you 1% interest plus fees sounds pretty good that isn't? until you realize the plus fees could end up being that you're paying 100 or 200% hundred pecent APR. I had thousands of dollars worth of payments due on cars that I hadn't even sold yet literally hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of fees every other day or several times a week on very inexpensive 1000 and $2,000 vehicles
Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick finance of autos

Preferred solution: Quit misrepresenting loan

User's recommendation: STAY THE *** AWAY!!!!!!

Guest

Translation: I wasn't smart enough to know I was too dumb to understand a business contract, went the cheap route instead of having an attorney do a read, and not I'm whining like a baby. Thanks for the what NOT to do if you're running a business post..

map-marker Madison, Connecticut

RUN!!!!

This is the worst company on earth bottom line
Tyjuan Mxs
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Title issue

A title with the last six of the Vin # 522258 Was signed in Error by Next gear staff, now i need the statement of fact correction explaining the error. So i can be able to make the transfer. Please can you send it by fed ex as soon as posible. The address is 1023 E SOUTHCROSS BLVD SAN ANTONIO TX 78214.
TERRENCE Boj
map-marker Clay, Indiana

NEXTGEAR CAPITAL HELP MY BUSINESS GROW

NEXTGEAR CAPITAL HELP MY BUSINESS GROW

BEEN USING THEM FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW`. BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR ABOUT SIX.

WAS ONLY USING MY OWN CASH TO STAY ABOVE GROUND. APPLIED FOR A FLOOR PLAN WTIH ANOTHER COMPANY AND THEY DENIED ME.WENT TO NEXTGEAR AND THE REP WAS HELPFUL AND TOLD ME HE WOULD MAKE SURE I GET A LINE. HE WAS RIGHT . NOW IM MOVING 8 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF CARS OFF MY LOT AND AT VERY CHEAP PRICES.

SURE SOME CARS MIGHT NEED ALITTLE EXTRA WORK SO THEY SIT MUCH LONGER THEN OTHER BUT AS LONG AS YOU MAKE THE PAYMENTS YOU CAN GET MORE TIME TO FIX IT UP AND SELL IT. I HAVE HAD A FEW ISSUES WITH CARS BEING MISSED DURING AN AUDIT OR THE AUDITOR COMING AFTER HOURS .STUFF HAPPENS BUT THEY GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO FIX IT. THEY EVEN HAVE A PPLICATION TO QUICKLY FIX THAT. THEY HAVE LOCAL REPS THAT WILL WORK WITH YOU TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE THAT MIGHT COME UP.

THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY AND THE MORE A DEALERSHIP GROWS THE MORE MONEY THEY MAKE AND SO THE DEALERSHIP. FEES I FEEL ARE FINE.

TRY AND BORROW $3K TO BUY A CAR ANYWHERE AND SEE WHAT THEY WANT IN RETURN.THIS IS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH NEXTGEAR AND AM SORRY TO HEAR OTHERS HAVE HAD TROUBLE BUT IM SURE THERE IS MORE TO THAT STORY.LOOK BORROW BUY RIGHT SELL PAY AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN SIMPLE. DONT BORROW SELL CAR NOT PAY AND EXPECT THEM NOT TO TAKE ACTION.

Pros:
  • Buying power easy understandable terms
Cons:
  • None at the time
Exactly as described/ advertised
Guest

One day they will screw you over. Trust me.

I know. I had to filed bankruptcy because of these ***

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1760117

I agree just wait they will screw you over! 46 years in the business and they would not work with us because we had to close the car lot down due to COVID 19 and had trouble making payment. They took all the cars off the lot and now my business is done.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1846864

LOL..At the time this was written, the shutdown was only 2 weeks old. For them to have moved on you like this, you were in trouble well before the virus was mainstream.

Great job trying to use the virus as an excuse for your business folding. Typical loser....

View more comments (2)
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

RUN AWAY FROM NEXTGEAR CAPITAL **THEY WILL RUIN YOU**

Please beware of Nextgear Capital, in the long run they will bury you and you will go broke. Their floor plan sounds great, but with all the fees they tack on it all adds up.

If you get behind you will have a hard time catching up. Nextgear Capital is a cut throat company, all politics. If you become delinquent on payments they will pick your cars up and run them thru the auction and get pennies for them and still go after you for the balance that is owed. They will not work with you at all on trying to resolve any issues.

Even if you decide to pay them off they will black ball you from all Manheim Auto Auctions, this is exactly what happened to me. We paid off our whole flooring line and later found out we have been 86ed from all Manheim Auto Auctions, even though we have been going to Manheim for over 20 years buying majority of our inventory from Manheim. it all comes down to Cox Automotive who owns both companies and more, dont do business with Nextgear Capital then guess they dont want you buying cars at Manheim Auto Auctions then.

All I can recommend is to stay away from signing up with Nextgear Capital, they will shut you down and kick you out of all Manheim Auto Auctions. Nothing but crooks.

Anne Fka

I want to go to get attorney to sue them , if we are few , we could use an attorney to sue them . They did something with my business . Discovervehicle@***.com

Guest

PLEASE do NOT use Nextgear Capital,, They WILL DESTROY your business and force you into bankruptcy. You are better off getting money from the MOB,, at least they are HONEST,,, Mike Pence HELPED Nextgear get into Indiana _ NO USURY LAWS,, so they can charge 22% interest and get away with it... STAY AWAY

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2101752

Guest

"Even if you decide to pay them" So, you have to "decide" to pay them in order to honor your contract? This next to using the famous serial dead beat phrase "work with us" shows you're a loser who can't manage a business.

What issues did you want to resolve other than paying them?

It's OK to say you were too broke to pay. At least that's honest....

Jerry F Wkx
map-marker Clay, Indiana

!!--BEWARE--!! this company is NOT here to HELP your business grow!!!

I was using NEXTGEAR as a floor plan for the first year and a half of my business. I never missed a payment or curtailment and was in good standings.

My rep took another position and left the NEXTGEAR. They sent a rep from Indiana to visit dealers and fill in while the transition for a new rep was in place. This rep was rude and lied flat out to me and his boss stating that I had vehicles missing from the lot. I explained that they were in my service shop getting repairs and that he could come back and verify the vehicles.

He never stopped back and I never saw him again. 2 days later my Floor Plan was reduced by 75k and I was over my balance. I was told by the area manager that I would have to work my way back up even though I had never failed an audit or missed payments. So I decided to end my relationship with NEXTGEAR.

That is when everything went south. I told them I would take the vehicles to the auction and sell out of the inventory. Instead they sent out tow trucks in the middle of the night and repoed all the vehicles now claiming I was in default. They then locked my account only allowing me to send money via Wire.

Then they Blocked me from the auction and filed suit. They are incredibly rude and want to end your business with bully tactics and lawyers. They are owned by COX Communications and share the same practices as the cable company. You pay fees after fees and they do not like it when you want to get rid of them like your cable company.

Beware and even when your in good standings they will force you to be in default. They are a huge company and own most of the auctions. They use this to squash the little guys. Forcing you to either go out of business or try fighting the giant.

Trust me when I say this is all to common for hundreds if not thousands of small dealerships in the U.S. Big dealerships do not use this company because of the practices. But we all do not have big dealership money so they prey on the smaller lots like vultures. I am still in business but they have tried to make this not happen by every measure you can imagine.

Be smart and stay aware because they will at some point try to control your business. And if you do not comply they will sink their teeth in the heart of your lively hood.

Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Making people aware of bad business practices.

Anne Fka

I want to go to get attorney to sue them , if we are few , we could use an attorney to sue them . They did Same to my business . Discovervehicle@***.com

Guest

They are a RIP OFF , bad people, corrupt I am having the same situation. they just came and took my cars

Emmanuela Lnq

I have a very similar situation and would love to talk a little and see if we can expose the whole company. They have had thousands of cases against dealers in the last 3 years we have been fighting them. I’m a 20+ year automotive professional and never in my career seen a business getting away with real modern day CRIMINAL TACTICS My email is Exposenextgear@***.com

Novah Lvo
reply icon Replying to comment of Emmanuela Lnq

Same thing has happened to me, but my dealership was in Georgia. I have never stepped foot in Indiana, but now I have a judgement from these con artists saying they served me.

I never agreed to any of there accusations but apparently they know big wigs where they can sue anyone even out of staters. Lets get these people put out of business.

They caused me to lose my entire business and shut me down. I lost everything...

View more comments (3)

Terrible company to use for flooring

Hey it’s really crazy because I just had a bad experience with them also. My rep wanted to control my business as if she personally lending money. I complied with everything they asked me to do which I just signed up about a month and a half ago and she’s been sending my company through *** and back. I explained to her I had cars already with finance completed and I needed the pink slips to finalize financing and she still want to lock my account and say she haven’t received certain documents which they had everything that was requested and still would release title so now I have customers that has these vehicles but isn’t fully financed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Cons:
  • May be a willful violation of cfll
  • Fraudulent behavior
  • Are theives
Reason of review:
Reps with poor services and they try to ruin your business if you allow them to they will.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Kameko Sma

Charging late fees when you were not late.

This company stole thousands from me with there late fees that aren’t late program . I’m looking for other dealers that got taken like I did for a possible class action lawsuit please email me @ jsilv577@***.com
$20000
Cons:
  • Unfair high unexplainable fees increased fees no notification
Reason of review:
Charged me thousands in hidden late fees when I wasn’t late

Guest

we are looking for an attorney to initiate class action - they are CRIMINAL,,,, spread the word - STAY AWAY,,,

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2101759

Any word on this class action attempt? Need to know asap. We are going through the same nightmare with this unethical, predatory company.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Dishonest

Very bad, will not work with you in any way
map-marker Bessemer, Alabama

Discriminated and pissed

I been doing business with next gear capital for 2 years.. I have been hung up on and told I’m tired of you calling.They try to run you out of business with there lawyers and scare tactics.Paid my balance in full and still haven’t received access to the auction. I was handled like my business don’t matter. I was a victim of identity theft and my bank account had to be frozen.For this I was put in default and wasn’t allowed to buy cars at any auction. I was assigned a default manager from next gear capital to handle the account.His name is Dave Edwards.He is very rude and seems as if he doesn’t like African American people. I was talked to very rudely and couldn’t ever speak my peace. I advise you to stay away from this company.Its a one way road and you can’t win.Im seeking legal action to see if something can be done about this..I feel very disrespected and violated.Please please don’t make the mistake I did. I wouldn’t want anyone to experience what I went through with next gear capital
Arilynn Cxc

Dave EDWARDS SEEMS TO BE TRUE ABOUT THIS GUY

eugenia Rnu

Bad practice and discrimination against dealers managed by women or Latinos

Updated by user Apr 29, 2019

So far, there is no communication from Nextgear Capital, they ignore all types of contact and do not respond

Original review Mar 28, 2019
We just had the account for 3 months, paying on time and now that we are in the tax season sales increased and one weekend we sold 7 cars and the next Monday a Nextgear Capital representative came shouting at the employees of the dealer and threatening them asking where They were their cars, when we had already reported that they were sold, that same day they froze the account and the representative asking documents to my employees as if it was the emigration or police. This was one of the worst events I have had in my little time in the car business, it seems that the sale of cars is only for men, but we women can also be good in this business. But I never felt so discriminated against by a company that with what I have lived with Nextgear Capital My recommendation before doing business with someone has to know a little more the staff and employees with whom you do business.
racism to Latinos and women
Guest

scam punk small dealers around well if wasnt stupid the car buiness

Armel Lsv

I agree ,my company have similar problem 2017

Guest

I agree total , i am a woman dealer and been through *** with them. they are always the ones that are right. We women do not have a chance with this company beware

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1731337

I agree I am a woman and they destroyed my dealership

Brands Related to Nextgear Capital

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article